Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Daily Postings

Visitors,

As the name of the blog states, I post a blog everyday, mostly every morning.  These blogs are English haiku and senryu.  I am working on some sonnets in iambic tetrameter, but those take more time.

For my real world job, I am on the road 20-30 hours a week.  I listen to podcasts and news radio, and when an interesting turn of phrase is spoken or read, I quickly jot it down for later use.

Haiku is fairly simple to construct for me.  There is a specific number of syllables and I have a style that is frankly, a little dark and morbid, so I work with words that I feel embody those stylistic ideas.

Sometimes though, let's be honest, mostly though the poems are iffy, not very good, and very sophomoric.

I recently read that poets in the 21st century have been told over and over again to reach within you and experiment.  "Good poets are avante garde."

I am not going to argue for or against that point.  I am not a good poet.  I look around my surrounding, observe, and make poetry about those observations.

I am telling you this so that you, Visitor, can understand where I as a poet am coming from.

Read my work or not.  Judge me or not.  But in the end all I am are my observations.

Until we meet again,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment