Translate

Sunday, November 10, 2013

#122 - 123 - Seven and Later

Reaching out, forward;
Grasping straws of silken strands
await the seven

Each breathe tempts
The times that try all men's souls
Scream defiance

Warning: There is no poetry past this point.  You have been warned.

Today is Sunday, November 10.  10 days into Movember and I must say  that the beard is coming in very thick.  It is past the itchy phase and not its nice and silky soft.

Since my wife and daughter came back from visiting family, my daughter has been sick.  No temperature or anything, but she is coughing and cannot sleep through the night.  On friday, my wife decided that we should try to make honey cough drop suckers, becasue we cannot find anything that was making my daughter feel better.  Let's just say it din't go very well.  So I have a few pro tips for candy making:

1.  the clear plastic candy molds they sell at Micheal's Craft Store is not meant for hard candies
2. honey doesn't make a very good hard candy by itself, it needs help

Till tomorrow,

Thoams

No comments:

Post a Comment