Translate

Friday, August 30, 2013

77


Crisp air that transforms
The frolicking summer fun
To Harvest delight

 
Warning: The following contains no poetry.

Today is Friday, August 30th.  The week has been exceptionally long, but in the United States, today starts, what I feel, is the last weekend of summer.  However, summer is relative.  Instead of 65 degrees Fahrenheit and raining, it will now be 55 degrees and raining.  However, I digress.  The last weekend of summer is upon us, and what is my family going to doing...we are going to clean.  Clean out all of the summer clothes and change it out for winter clothes. 

I look forward to this every year.  I know what you are thinking, "Wow Thomas, get a life," but truly this is when the fun happens.  I'll start to pack away all the spring/summer things and bring out the fall/winter items. 

One of those items is Halloween. My family really loves Halloween and dressing my daughter up as things that we are fond of.  In the past she was Princess Leia and Boo from Monster's Inc.  This year she told us what/who she wanted to be.  So in addition to cleaning, this weekend my wife and I will be making Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

I am looking forward to it.  As we create the costume, I'll try to post pictures of the costume.

Enjoy the last weekend of summer.

Till tomorrow,

Thomas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment