Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

#110 - Where does Daddy live?

My Priorities?
Nights wasted away from you.
Daddy, please come home.

Warning:  There is no poetry past this point.  You have been warned.

Today is Thursday, October 17.  Today my daughter broke my heart.

As always, I take care of my daughter during the morning to let my wife sleep.  When it was time for me to go to work, my daughter said that it wasn't fair.  This didn't break my heart.  I know that I work a lot, but my real world job is what keeps a roof over my and my families head.  Writing blog posts/poetry doesn't do it, and playing with my two year old doesn't either.  So I am used to her crying when I leave or saying that it wasn't fair that her daddy had to go instead of "playing stickers."

But today was different.  Today my daughter was playing a game with my wife and I.  She was telling us where all her friends and relations lived.  When she came to me, "Daddy," I lived at work.

I live at work.

I live at work.

What am I telling my daughter by "living" at work.  I just don't understand.  I have to take care of my family.  I have to support them.  I have to be a father. 

Everyone needs a balance.  I just don't know where mine is.

Till tomorrow,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment