Translate

Sunday, October 20, 2013

#112 - Jack O' Lanterns

Happy masks smile
Laughing children run around
Tricking and treating
 
Warning:  There is no poetry past this point.  You have been warned.

Today is Sunday, October 20.  Today my family went to the pumpkin patch.

My wife loves to go to the farm and pick your own...whatever.  I do to, by the way, so this not something that I do just for the benefit of my wife.  Where we used to live, there wasn't many pumpkin patches and here on the North Coast, pumpkins are not, would you say, native.  

So there isn't many farms growing pumpkins or pick your own pumpkin patches.  Today we went to one of the two pumpkin patches here in the North Coast.  We drove about 20 minutes and made it to this farm that let you ride on a hay ride out to a pumpkin field, that was, by the time we got there, pretty much picked over.  You get your pumpkin and bring it back to the cashier.  

We bought three pumpkins for approximately 8 dollars and tonight we carved pumpkins.  I posted a picture below of my daughter's, wife's, and my jack o'lanterns.  

 \

I have spoken with my wife about this for a while.  If I can ever get good enough credit and enough down payment, we are going to buy a farm so that we can have an Easter Egg Hunt, Pumpkin Patch/Harvest Fair/Halloween Fair, and a Christmas Tree farm.  This is my utmost dream.  Here's hoping.  

 Till tomorrow,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment