Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Haiku Heights #11 - Poem #91

Respectful closeness
Reminders of time long past
Mobius timeloop

 
Warning: No poetry beyond this point.  You have been warned.

Today is September 11.  Haiku Heights poem prompt is "tradition."

Hmm, tradition.  Traditions are both my favorite and least favorite thing.  Traditions cover all sorts of evils because these evils are, well, a tradition.  However, traditions are great.  They are important.  Like the tradition that once a year I am treated moderately better for a day than any other day of the year just because many years ago my mother gave birth to me. 

Another one of my favorites is Christmas cookie baking and eating.  I love baking Christmas cookies, but I especially love eating said cookies. 

One tradition I do not like is the taking up and down of Christmas lights.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas lights, but putting them up and taking them down is pointless.  Oh well, first world problems, right?

Anyways, today has been reasonably boring.  I stayed home today and rested. After about 5 minutes of resting, I became bored and decided to clean the house and let my wife rest. 

A couple of days ago, my wife found plans on how to make a dodec spinning wheel.  So today, after my daughters nap, we went to the lumber yard and bought the materials to make the spinning wheel.  I have to wait until the weekend of the 19th of September to complete the project, but I'll post pictures when I do.

Till tomorrow,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment