Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Haiku Heights Day 3- #83

Broken and empty
Tarnished black and bittersweet 
Love-lorn locket rests

Warning: The following contains not poetry. You have been warned.

Today is September 3.  Today's prompt from Haiku Heights is "silver."  

I was think of silver and its ability to tarnish easily if not cared for.  You know, all things are like that. If not cared for properly or at all, parts of your life will tarnish and become black.

I think of this as I clean my office. I do not treat it well. There are stacks of paper that need to be filed, scratch paper every where, and boxes if materials that continue to multiple.  I think these boxes are related to tribbles.

I spent most of my day cleaning this mess and still is not done.  Like the tarnish on silver, one cleaning will not affect the tarnish, but missing one cleaning will create it.

So on this last note on silver and tarnishing, fun fact: actual silver utensils, or silverware, used to be coated with animal fat after being cleaned so that the utensils would resist the tarnish or oxidization.

Till tomorrow,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment