Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Haiku Height's Day 2 - Poem 80, 81, and 82

Stoic watchmen all,
Faithful servant gives himself,
 The child must survive.

Warning:  The following contains no poetry.  You have been warned.

Today is Monday, September 2, in the United States today is Labor Day.  Today's prompt from Haiku Heights is Gaurdian. 

 This whole weekend has been great.  I was able to let my wife sleep in every day until lunch time, and with a two year old that is quite the accomplishment.  I have been up-to-date on my poems and my real world job.

We were not able to go to the beach yesterday, so we went today instead.  The water was cold, the sky was grey, and the beaches crowded...at least for this area.  My wife made us a picnic so we ate lunch out on the sand.  All in all it is now perfect.

I finished my portion of my daughters costume last night, sorry still no photos.  My wife has a wig and wings to make and then my daughter will be Rainbow Dash. Can't wait.  Because I do not have any photos of the costume, I have placed photos at the bottom of this post of our afternoon trip to the beach each with their own Haiku.  Sorry, no pictures of me, my wife, or child are posted (and probably never will be).
 
Fast forward to right now.  My real world job is, metaphorically, calling me.  We have a large fundraiser that starts tomorrow and I do not have all of my ducks in a row.  I wish it was otherwise, but alas.  Ladies and gentlemen of the internet, keep your fingers crossed that the fundraiser is successful, I could really use a success right now.

Till tomorrow,

Thomas

 
 Moisty Mountains break
Dragging worrisome sailors
Driftwood marks silent

Cloudless sand and smoke
Drifting upwards and onwards
Honest forgetfulness




No comments:

Post a Comment